Adopting a school provides sponsors with a unique team-building experience and a rewarding way of seeing the impact of their contribution. Every year, we connect businesses, organizations, and community members with schools in need, facilitating the creation and distribution of Power Tools Homework Kits for students.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Connect with a school
Adopt a local school that’s eligible for help, and provide the funds to supply each student with their very own Power Tools Homework Kit.
Contact Peggy@TheEducationPartnership.org to talk about sponsorship opportunities.
Assemble the kits
Come to The Education Partnership to build your school’s Power Tools Homework Kits—and build camaraderie while you’re at it!
Share the love
Attend an assembly at the school to speak to students, distribute the kits, and see the impact of your efforts first-hand.
If you and your team are interested in adopting a school, please contact Peggy@TheEducationPartnership.org or (412) 922-6500. We serve schools in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland counties, and with your help, we can make sure every student in the region is equipped with the tools they need to succeed.
- ADP Foundation
- Aetio Corporation
- American Eagle Outfitters Foundation
- Arconic Foundation
- Babst Calland
- Burgh Bits & Bites
- Burns & Scalo Real Estate
- Burns & Scalo Roofing
- Buttonwood Fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation
- BYS Yoga
- Carnegie-Collier Rotary Club
- Coupa, formally Opus
- Crafton Ingram Rotary Club
- Don & Jean Mosites Family
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel & Suites
- Duquesne Light Company
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott
- Eisenhower Elementary School, USC
- Franklin Elementary School
- Giant Eagle – Aliquippa
- Granite City Food and Brewery LTD
- Guardian Storage
- Independence Excavating
- Indiana University Department of Education
- J. P. Phillips
- McKnight Elementary, North Allegheny SD
- Mylan Charitable Foundation
- PNC Community Banking
- Rotary Club of Pittsburgh -adopted FY19 but didn’t pay until FY20
- Rotary Club of Pittsburgh’s Northside
- Select International, a psi Company
- Speciality Ice Distribution
- Standard Bank
- Stock Enterprises, LLC
- Tri-State Capital Group
- Vitro Architectural Technology Center
- Waldon Private Wealth
- Washington Financial Bank Foundation
- Zoltun Design
Our Power Tools Homework Kits are designed to provide the basic supplies students need to fully engage in their schoolwork. While our Teacher Resource Center helps teachers stock their classrooms, our Adopt-A-School program stocks an individual student’s home with markers, erasers, glue, and more! We have different kit types for different grade levels, ensuring that every student gets a kit tailored to their needs.
There are only good reasons to participate in the Adopt-A-School Program! The staff at The Education Partnership is a blast to work with! They are organized, responsive, kind, and FUN! This experience opens your eyes to diverse areas of the Pittsburgh Community and is a nice “perspective check” to the importance of supporting our students and teachers. From beginning to end, participating in the Adopt-A-School program is incredibly inspiring. The first time you get to see the children receive their bags you will know you made the right decision!Megan Leslie and Jessica Petor, PSI