WATCH LIVE 6/7/23 AT 6:30 PM ON FACEBOOK!
Congrats to our Finalists
Elementary School Teacher of the Year:
- Hilary Brown, Monessen Elementary School
- Ericka Gibson, Young Scholars Of Greater Allegheny Charter School
- Jocelyn Shoop, Dayton Elementary
Middle School Teacher of the Year:
- Teresa Hamilton, New Brighton Middle School
- Robin Lindey, St Stephen’s Academy
- Jennifer Wachs, South Allegheny Middle School
High School Teacher of the Year:
- Meghan Balogh, Pittsburgh Conroy
- Sean Cameron Means, Pittsburgh Westinghouse 6-12
- Tom Young, Propel Andrew Street High School
Rookie Teacher of the Year:
- Alexis Adams, Elderton Elementary
- Brittany Gilpin, Bethlehem Center School District
- Shyanne Rippole, Sto-Rox Junior/Senior High
Outstanding Non-Instructional Staff:
- Kenneth Obusek, Security Officer at Francis McClure Elementary School
- Shawn Denise Peeks, College Prep Specialist at Propel Braddock Hills & Andrew St. High Schools
Principal of the Year:
- Jeremy Angus, CLASS Academy
- Matt Dunker, Propel Montour Middle School
- Jo Ann Hoover, State Street Elementary School
About The Education Partnership’s Teacher Appreciation Awards
Join us in recognizing the excellence of outstanding educators, administrators, and school staff members participating in The Education Partnership’s programs by nominating a qualifying individual for the 4th Annual Teacher Appreciation Awards.
The objectives for the Teacher Appreciation Awards include the following:
- Recognizing the excellence of the many outstanding educators, administrators, and school staff who participate in The Education Partnership’s programs;
- Focusing attention on quality and exemplary educators;
- Increasing public awareness of the importance of quality educators; and
- Providing tangible recognition of achievement, earning the respect of colleagues, and enhancing professional opportunities for educators of The Education Partnership.
- Principal of the Year
- Elementary School Teacher of the Year
- Middle School Teacher of the Year
- High School Teacher of the Year
- Rookie Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Non-Instructional Staff of the Year
Who can Vote?
Voting is open to the public. Self-voting is also permitted. You may only vote once for each award category each day of the voting window.
The Award Reception
All finalists will be invited to attend the award reception event at Southpointe Golf Club in Cannonsburg, PA, on Wednesday, June 7, 2023, at 6 pm. (360 Southpointe Blvd, Canonsburg, PA 15317.) Heavy appetizers, beer and wine, and dessert will be served during the event. All finalists will receive free tickets to attend and invite a guest. Additional tickets may be available for purchase. The event will also be live-streamed for additional guests to watch at home. The winners will be announced this year live at the award reception event.
Do you have additional questions about the award process? Learn more in our Teacher Appreciation Awards Information Packet.
The Selection Committee Rubric Example can be found here: 2022-23 Teacher Appreciation Awards Rubric.
Thank you to our 2022-23 Event Sponsors!